[OM] Re: Moose Mon f/u question---eneloops OK for T-flashes?

Subject: [OM] Re: Moose Mon f/u question---eneloops OK for T-flashes?
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 17:21:53 -0800 (PST)
Yes I have been using Eneloops ,Hybrios and regular NiMh on T32. (The cheaper
hybrios like
Eneloops, are low self discharge but not quite as good as Eneloops or as low
internal resistance)

Just don't use them on a QA310 flash they will likely destroy it.

Interestingly I was just running some tests on a T32 run off Lithium
Nanoparticle cells and while
I was at it, since these are a bit higher voltage, I ran the T32 up to 6.6V on
a regulated high
current bench supply. This simulates using a fully charged external Quantum
bantam (*Not Turbo
Pack*) leads acid, battery pack. The recharge time of the flash (to when the
ready light goes on,
which is not fully charged but aproximates in relative time) impressively
*halved*. However the
standby idle current increased enormously. I would be nervous cycling the T32
on a quantum bantam
without long rests and even leaving it on for an extended period, which will
likely run it pretty
hot. If I routinely used a Bantam for the T32, I would add one or two 5A
dropping diode in series
to reduce stress on T32.

Tim Hughes