[OM] Re: Moose Mon f/u question---eneloops OK for T-flashes?

Subject: [OM] Re: Moose Mon f/u question---eneloops OK for T-flashes?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 15:58:04 -0800
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Appreciate Moose's post.? Those NiMH seem very nice with a long shelf live.
You've even had them in your house and car, in my backup camera A710. In
fact, I lost a pair of them and the unobtrusive little white charger
somewhere on that trip. I don't suppose they are hiding in your guest room?
> I suppose there is a theoretical risk of
> frying inverter circuits on an? older flash with the increased current.? Are
> these beasties? OK with T-flashes
T20, T32 and T Power Control 1 are all OK with NiCad, so I suppose they
should be OK with NiMH. T18 isn't.
>  and Viv 283/285? I have seen reports that even old Metz units are OK.

This is not an area of great interest to me, so I don't remember the
details, but there has been much discussion about it on the list. In
particular, I seem to recall Tim reporting quite authoritatively on the
subject of low internal resistance batteries in older flash units.

Moose