[OM] Re: Oboy seller "buybuyeasy "

Subject: [OM] Re: Oboy seller "buybuyeasy "
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 08:31:32 -0000
Grossly over charging for shipping is a reportable offense via (the
pathetic) 'report this item' link at the bottom of every listing page on
eBay. eBay tried to address the problem of over charging for shipping but as
with a lot of these types of issues it is impossible to define a standard as
there are so many variables. For example eBay primarily introduced the
policy because some sellers had shipping charges for cell phones at $60-80
and PC's with $200+ shipping charges. Of course both cases are extreme but
were commonplace prior to the introduction of the policy.

In your example Andrew, the seller willingly admitted that he was doing it
to avoid the eBay fees and the policy was designed to remove this sort of
behavior. eBay do allow handling charges and as you note in another post
anyone who is simply charging at cost is shooting themselves in the foot (at
least in a small way).

Dan S.