[OM] Oboy seller "buybuyeasy "

Subject: [OM] Oboy seller "buybuyeasy "
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 08:53:41 -0500
Hong Kong oboy seller "buybuyeasy" was recommended earlier this year by
a new list member, I don't remember who.  I purchased a 22mm Canyon
eyecup from him which was advertised as for a 5D.
<http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160154590458>

Turns out that the correct size for a 5D is 18mm which he also sells.
Seemed like a simple enough mistake.  If you measure a Canyon eyepiece
you can get 18mm on the inside of the attachment groove or 22mm on the
outside.  I didn't know which was which so I relied on their claim that
the 22mm would fit a 5D.  The eyecup arrived in about 10 days which I
considered good.  But it was soon clear that the 18mm size was the right
one for a 5D.  The 22mm was much too large.

I emailed them and complained about the inaccuracy of their description.
They responded fairly promptly and said they'd replace it with the 18mm
size if I returned the 22mm (at my expense, of course).  I did that
immediately and much more than 10 days went by and I heard nothing from
them.  I emailed and they acknowledged receipt of my return and asked
for my mailing address.  Said they'd lost it.  Now it's about two months
and several emails later.  After ignoring several emails from me they
finally responded after being threatened with negative feedback. They
said they had sent it but ignored my request to tell me when they had
sent it.  Nothing has arrived and they now continue to ignore me.

To make matters even a bit worse they still continue to advertise the
22mm eyecup as for a 5D.  Probably not crooked but out of control.  So,
for the first time in several years of oboy purchases I have finally
left someone negative feedback.  This seller is not recommended.
Fortunately, the lesson cost me less than $20 most of which was two way
shipping expenses.

Chuck Norcutt