[OM] Re: anyone use Manfrotto 458B with 468MGRC4 head

Subject: [OM] Re: anyone use Manfrotto 458B with 468MGRC4 head
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:31:34 -0800
Bill Pearce wrote:
> I've had the same gear head for years, and it's fabulous. Not the greatest
> thing for quick and dirty work, but perfect for landscapes, architectural,
> close-up, product shots, etc.

Wow, that's seven speaking up for the gear heads. Walt's legacy lives
on, as I suspect most, like me, got the idea first or second hand from him.

One more thought about tripods and heads. I've nearly made a couple of
big mistakes by deciding which brand/model to buy based on indirect
research on the web. Fortunately in each case, I made a trip to see them
in person. In one, I ended up buying a head with no web presence I had
seen, but that was much better for my purposes than anything my research
had turned up. Still use it, too, on the travel tripod.

I think the risk of disappointment from buying camera support gear sight
unseen is much greater than that of buying a camera that way.

Moose