[OM] Re: anyone use Manfrotto 458B with 468MGRC4 head

Subject: [OM] Re: anyone use Manfrotto 458B with 468MGRC4 head
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:17:24 -0000
I have the 410, and agree with Moose that it isn't half as awkward as you
might assume - you can very easily disengage the geared action for quick
rough positioning in each of the three planes independently, which makes
accurate levelling easy.  Though it doesn't have the spirit level of the
RC4, it does use the same 410PL plate as the 468RC4 and I can tell you that
the plate will be plenty big enough for anything you have to throw at it -
it's easily big enough for a Medium Format body, and acroos it's narrowest
dimension is about twice the depth of an OM body.  In other words it
probably *is* too big.  Walt used to recommend the Cullman QR system (I
reckon he still  does recommend it!), and it would be very simple to fit the
Cullman "head" to a 410PL plate, with Cullman plates on all your bodies.

http://tinyurl.com/2l59s4 is the Walt-endorsed Cullman "head" with one
plate, for GBP18.95

--
Piers