[OM] Re: Interesting story - the modern darkroom

Subject: [OM] Re: Interesting story - the modern darkroom
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:16:06 +0000
No such luck, Andrew!  It doesn't affect me, thank the Lord, but
families receiving Child Benefit will have been.

No, the best thing that has happened to me, over the last few years,
is that the RAF station where I work (RAF Wyton, Cambs) has lost me
off their records for annual fitness and annual renewal of "Common
Core Skills" -- First Aid, gun maintenance and NBC protection.  The
First Aid qualification has been rendered invalid by civilian
practitioners who keep changing the requirement; the gun they want me
to maintain is a piece of rubbish (and I have trained on a different
weapon all my working life, the Walther PPK or the Browning 9mm); and
I discovered years ago that chemical protection is a bit of a farce,
and a fabrication.

And the Fitness Test?  Well, I keep myself as fit as I reckon I need
to be ... :-)

Chris