[OM] Re: The 250 film back that Olympus should have made

Subject: [OM] Re: The 250 film back that Olympus should have made
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:29:11 -0000
It depends on the model, and it also depends on the date, Fernando.

RDB 3 and 4 have an inbuilt clock, which can keep track of Year Month Day
Minute Second (after you have set the clock initially).  The clock can
display up to 2009 - I assume 31/12/2009.  As Winsor has suggested, you
could set the clock back, but you would need to keep in sync with leap years
or remember to adjust the date every fourth March!

RDB 1 and 2 do not have a clock, just dials - two on RDB1 and four on RDB2.
On RDB1, the year dial runs from 1 to 12 and 75 to 84 or letters A to M,
with numbers 0 to 36 on the other dial
On RDB2 the year dial runs from 1 to 15 and 79 to 98, a second dial provides
numbers 0 to 9 or  A to M, with numbers 0 to 36 on the other two dials.

But the 250 back seems to be fitted with RDB3.

--
Piers