[OM] Re: Anyone use retouchers?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone use retouchers?
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:26:16 +1000
> Moose wrote:
> PSE6 for Windoze doesn't seem to have layers, masks, filters, etc.
> Although it could have almost anything, as the Adobe site only
> rhapsodizes about rudimentary organizer, photo sharing, creating scrap
> books with artily crooked images mixed on the page and mix and match
> "best shot" stuff.

I couldn't imagine them removing items from it, after it has been
gradually accumulating them, but one never knows. I know from a visit to
the the Adobe website earlier when PSE6 came out that your phrase
"rhapsodies about rudimentary..." was apt, and the it was frustrating at
the time when I just wanted to find out what it had over the previous
versions (and I'm currently on 2.0), or if they had changed it down to a
"rudimentary" photo editor and organiser and sharer and...

Anyway, elsewhere I found this in regards to layers:

<http://www.tech.co.uk/computing/software/graphics-and-media/review/adobe-photoshop-elements-6>

"The excellent Layers system is retained from Version 5, with Adjustment
Layers being especially easy to use and offering versatile methods for
non-destructive editing, as adjustments are made on Layers rather than
in the background image itself. However, the versatile Layer Masks
option available in the full edition of Photoshop is still sadly lacking."

The review gives the impression that it has all the features of previous
versions, plus some more.

I should just download the "Free Trial" of the bloody thing and find
out, hey? :-)

Candace, PSE's Healing brush, relative to their Clone Tool, is a
worlds-away improvement, or, at least, likely far better tool for what
you probably use the clone tool for. When it was included in Version 3
(maybe?), it was if a million amateur photographers cried out in
pleasure, and were suddenly happy (sorry - bad Star Wars allusion).

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz