[OM] Re: olympus OM lenses on Nikon digital body

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus OM lenses on Nikon digital body
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:29:41 +1100
One of life's great ironies.
However they did adopt the EF mount as a flexible and wide standard
that would allow remarkable flexibility and very fast lenses (such as
F1.0) which Nikon cannot match.
So far I have mounted upon a Canon EF mount - OM, Nikon F, Leica, R,
Leica M (yup, honest), M42, Kiev/Pentacon 'P' mount...
This weekend - picked up a nice Oly FTL kit with 50/1.8 and near mint
200/4. The 200mm will mount on my 5D but I will have to modify an
adapter to clear the metering lug (I'd rather not grind it off). Even
without that, I was able to focus it just fine, but not quite to inf.
Wanna try that with a Nikon, maaaate?!
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx