[OM] Re: OM lens ? Sigma Pantel on E body

Subject: [OM] Re: OM lens ? Sigma Pantel on E body
From: "Matthew Granger" <matthewcharlesgranger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:17:47 +1100
Is that something easily repaired? Or not cost effective?

It seems (at that fixed aperture) that the lens is quite sharp, and it is
one of the few prime lenses I have. Hate to loose it.

On 20/11/2007, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I take your point, but it seems more complicated. On my 50mm zuiko
> > OM lens
> > turning the dial does nothing when I just look through the lens,
> > but if I
> > push the two release buttons (used to remove the lens from body) I
> > can see
> > the blades move. This is not the case with the Sigma Pantel.
>

> Sounds like the linkage is broken inside the lens. It should function
> identically to the 50mm Zuiko.
>
> AG

> Be a better pen pal.
> Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.
> http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Matt
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most
intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."
Charles Darwin 1809 - 1882