[OM] Re: OM lens ? Sigma Pantel on E body

Subject: [OM] Re: OM lens ? Sigma Pantel on E body
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:07:12 -0800
Depends upon your adapter. Turning the aperture ring moves a stop so
that when the aperature is stopped down it goes up against the stop.
If your adapter moves the other lens lever, then as the aperture ring
is turned the blades will close and open.

Most OM lenses have a DOF (depth of field) stop down button which when
pressed with your finger causes the aperture blades to close down to
the set aperture.

When an OM lens is mounted on an OM camera the aperture blades do not
close untl the shutter is released, which in turn moves the second
lever.

An E-camera can not move any levers. The digital Zuiko lenses are
controlled electrically.

-jeff