[OM] Re: That pesky OM battery stuff again

Subject: [OM] Re: That pesky OM battery stuff again
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:05:53 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:
>> Perhaps Tim will have some guidance about whether these are truly
>> 357's as we know them... or used to.
>>
> I've bought a half-dozen of these Walmart 357's and I'm not
> convinced. They do NOT have the same drain characteristics that I got
> in previous versions. I'm getting about 1/2 the life in my OM-2S as I
> got before.  I think there is a reason why these are so inexpensive.

It's all there in the discharge curves Tim and I have posted links to.
The 357/303 would be expected to have about half the life in this use of
the old 357. The newer 357/303H, which I doubt if you will ever find at
WM, looks like it will be very close to the old 357 in OM life.

If you have no qualms about all the other things WM is about, there are
certainly bargains to be found if you keep your wits about you. But WM
is also about cheap stuff that's worth what you paid for it. Caveat
Emptor proves that the ancients were prescient about the rise of WM.

Moose