[OM] Re: That pesky OM battery stuff again

Subject: [OM] Re: That pesky OM battery stuff again
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 12:01:12 -0800
Jay Drew wrote:
> I know there was a brief discussion a year or so ago concerning the
> re-formulation of the energizer 357 that is now "dual drain".  Anyone have
> experience with the new formulation and its effects on the OM's?  I perused
> the
> archive but didn't spot it.

You'll just have to be even more careful to carry spares. And to avoid
panic when the mirror locks up and remember it's just the battery.
> Also, I remember John H. having problems with sr44.com, what became of that?
> found a web site selling the Sony SR44W cells, but at almost 3 times the price
> of the Energizer at sr44.com.

I believe John reported he eventually got his batteries. I went through
the same thing,a long, silent delay, then batteries arrived. They were,
however, the new 357/303, so I lost my gamble
<http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/357-303.pdf>. Not much lost, though. I
can use them in other applications

BUT - I checked the Energizer site, and they now show a 357/303H battery
with a much better discharge curve. Looks like the old 357 is back under
a new name. <http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/357-303H.pdf>

Good News.

Moose