[OM] Re: That pesky OM battery stuff again

Subject: [OM] Re: That pesky OM battery stuff again
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:11:57 -0500
Glad you mentioned the battery stuff.  I meant to mention it here but
had completely forgotten that a week or two ago I stumbled across a
significant number of batteries labeled "Energizer 357" in a Wal-Mart
display of button batteries.  That was the large print.  The smaller
print said 357/303.  In any case, I was surprised to see batteries
prominently labeled "357" and doubly surprised to find them at Wal-Mart
in significant numbers.  I didn't spend much time looking and can't
remember the price but I would say there were some 50-100 batteries in
two boxes and, as best I can recall, the price was more than $1 but less
than $2.  I didn't buy any since I still have 1/2 dozen or so.

Perhaps Tim will have some guidance about whether these are truly 357's
as we know them... or used to.

Chuck Norcutt