[OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop

Subject: [OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 07:44:44 -0500
The problem with your analysis is that you discount the $600 computer as
not reasonable.  I don't.  In fact, one can buy a very nice machine for
much less than $600 and it doesn't even have to be garage built.  I was
just looking at a Lenovo with an AMD Sempron 1.8 GHz processor, 512 MB
RAM, 80GB SATA hard drive, CD/DVD reader/writer, network card, etc, etc.
for the princely sum of $434.95.  I wouldn't use it form my PhotoShop
work but it's already 10 times as much computing power as most people
need or can use.

Chuck Norcutt