[OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop (Warning, Mac Content )

Subject: [OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop (Warning, Mac Content )
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:20:05 -0800
WARNING: the following contains Mac content. It does not have any
references, comparisons, or put-downs to Windows. So just skip this
message if you're looking for a fight -- you know who you are.

> From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
>
> Oh well, time to leap to CS3 I guess....

Unless you really need all the latest bells and whistles, consider
getting CS on evilBay instead.

With CS2, they added "phone home" spyware on the Mac version.

I've checked it with Little Snitch, and it doesn't simply phone home
when you fire it up -- it seems to do it every ten minutes or so!

I don't steal software, and refuse to buy from a company who treats
their customers as though they were thieves.

Download the 30-day trial of Aperture from Apple. It has eliminated at
least 85% of my Photoshop use -- and does a lot of the more common
photographic stuff much more efficiently than Photoshop. True, you
can't swap heads of your in-laws with Aperture, so you need to keep
Photoshop around for more esoteric stuff, but with Aperture, I find PS
CS is perfectly adequate, and am in no hurry to give Adobe any more
money.

Aperture 2.0 is rumoured to be just around the corner, and I'm sure
will come even closer to replacing Photoshop.

:::: You must be the change you wish to see in the world -- Ghandi ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.EcoReality.org ::::