[OM] Re: E-3 Ad

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 Ad
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:26:04 -0800
Ali Shah wrote:
> The 300/330's had issues. The 510 seems have to have a
> "mosaicing" (noise) issue.
As Winsor says, I don't believe you have the nomenclature right,
combining two different things.
> When an image is enlarged..you can see what looks like noise/over
> sharpening. Turning the sharpening down helps.

As I seem to remember AG said today, if you want good results enlarged,
especially upsampled, whether by editor or print app., you need to start
with no sharpening in the camera or RAW processor, do your NR and other
processing, then apply sharpening last.

Try it yourself. Take a noisy piece of image, sharpen, then NR. Then do
it in reverse order.

If you don't want to be fooled by posts on boards, you need to be a
skeptic, and look into how they actually got the bad result, not why
they SAY it happened.

Moose