[OM] Re: OT equipment excitement

Subject: [OM] Re: OT equipment excitement
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 14:34:18 -0500
AG Schnozz wrote:
>> Interesting comment, Larry.
>>

> with my Minolta A1, the IS kick in
> whenever the shutter-button is half-pressed. This way, at the
> full-press it is already functioning. This cuts down substantially on
> the delay when going to full-press. With the Minolta, "exposure-only"
> IS adds about 200ms of delay.
Yes, that's a compromise based on a mechanical slow characteristic of
the A1.

I was just pointing out that comparing "IS" in lenses as being better
than in-camera by using the fact that you can "see it working" is just
not a true "defense". It just as easily can make things worse. I get
great results from my in-camera K10D stabilization because the "IS" or
"SR" always improves my best efforts. Personally, checking out in-lens
stabilization on a D80, I began to sway.