[OM] Re: OT equipment excitement

Subject: [OM] Re: OT equipment excitement
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:11:09 -0800 (PST)
> Interesting comment, Larry.  My old Lumix FZ-20 has a choice of
> settings for IS:  1) let the IS work exclusively at the point of
> capture;  2) let the IS work BOTH in the electronic viewfinder AND
> at point of capture.  I suppose it seems crazy not to use 2).

I know that with my Minolta A1, it is better to let the IS kick in
whenever the shutter-button is half-pressed. This way, at the
full-press it is already functioning. This cuts down substantially on
the delay when going to full-press. With the Minolta, "exposure-only"
IS adds about 200ms of delay.

As it only runs when I have my finger on the shutter, the
battery-drain is a non-issue.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com