[OM] Re: OM lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: OM lenses
From: Rand E <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:36:41 -0500
The screw in mounts are most likely to the Oly "M" system that came
before the OM system.  Other Olympus screw in mounts were on the earlier
versions of the 20mm and 38mm macro lens and they had a microscope type
screw mount.  The later versions of the macro lens in 20mm and 38mm came
with an OM bayonet mount but were very limited on focusing ability.  I'm
sure about the focal length on the early macro lens and the 38mm later
macro lens, and I'm fairly sure about the 20mm but I could be a little
off on it.  The other macro lens (50mm, 80mm, 135mm all had OM bayonet
mounts).
Rand E.

P.S.  Please sing out with your home locale as we have many other
members from "Down Under" and I'm sure that they would be interested.

\