[OM] Re: request to everyone on the OM list

Subject: [OM] Re: request to everyone on the OM list
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 09:02:48 -0800 (PST)
I agree with Chuck on this one in that there are not only sooooo many
forums to choose from on the Internet, but this list is it's own
special community.  This is a community of which I don't intend to
depart from, either.

It was never our desire to hijack this list or the participants in
it. The addition of the forums to our site is a business move on our
part.  One thing I have learned over the past three weeks is how many
Olympus lists, like this one, exist throughout the world. We've been
monitoring where visitors are coming from and my jaw drops every time
I find a new list out there.

It is true, that we are expanding our contributor-base. This is
necessary to keep the visitor count growing and consistant. Visitors
mean revenue. It also means that when we launch Part II of Zone-10
that we have a base to work from.  Revenue is still a question mark.
I think we've almost made enough to buy one Pizza Hut Personal Pan
Pizza.

Once Part II of Zone-10 is launched, you'll see why the forums exist.
Zone-10's intent is much greater than just being a blog site. In
fact, there is a section in the forums which is currently restricted
from view.

Part III of Zone-10 is still under development and is requiring a
couple more things to come together before launch.  All this,
however, is due out before year's end.

My hope is that Zone-10 has absolutely no negative effect on the Oly
List, but could be recognized as the logical progression of some of
our own hopes and dreams that have been discussed on this list for
the past decade. Since you have ME involved, along with a couple
other "famous" list members, be assured that there will be a certain
flavour to the Zone-10 site (and forums) which you'll probably find
inviting. Or not.

We've been upfront with you from day one. Zone-10 is a business
venture. It is, by no means, a replacement to this or any other list,
but a supplemental site. One of which we hope you'll visit for
all-things Olympus as well as personal growth and other
opportunities.

Ken

http://mail.yahoo.com