[OM] Re: pictures speak louder than words - life and the E330 and 7-14mm

Subject: [OM] Re: pictures speak louder than words - life and the E330 and 7-14mm pictures
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 09:29:15 +1100
There are many, many species of bamboo with very different habits - I
have three in my garden, none of which have caused any problem. One
is a clumping species which forms huge, dense tufts and is good
habitat for wildlife. Another spreads but very slowly and is easy to
control. The third is a giant species which is again, easy to control
and stabilises a slope.
However, a volunteer group has just spent a year clearing out an
infestation of one species in a local creekland and I've seen a house
literally destroyed by a large bamboo which cracked and lifted the
concrete foundations.
They are only giant grasses and as with grasses, some are rampant and
invasive and many are attractive,  demure and well behaved. It's a
question of careful choice and proper undersatnding, as with most
things.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx