[OM] Re: Possible Russian focus confirmation chipped adapter OM-4/3

Subject: [OM] Re: Possible Russian focus confirmation chipped adapter OM-4/3
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:34:27 -0700
Larry wrote:
> Moose wrote:
>
>> Nice results in restoring IS for MF lenses! Not quite as cheap and
>> convenient as the Pentax firmware solution, though.
>>
> It was in the firmware from the start with the K10D model based on
> requests from customers before it was released as it was known it would
> have Shake Reduction.

Yup, Pentacks certainly seem to have been making more effort to respond
to user - and potential user - desires and feedback than Oly or Canyon.
Oly in particular seems to form internal visions and follow them, even
when they don't seem to align with user/buyer preferences.
> In the new "Development of the E-3" article, maybe a description of
> exactly how much annoyance exists in the current Olympus company for the
> OM legacy lenses out there and why owners won't just let them die
> already - and how that feeling makes them fight tooth and nail to find
> reasons to make them not work with IS; design no firmware fix though the
> request existed since the 510; and generally make legacy lenses
> difficult to use from the start of digital - would be an interesting
> behind-the-scenes subplot. If any article can make it sound like a great
> idea, that one can...

LOL! When did you start moving your sarcasm into subtle mode? I like it,
but sorta, kinda of miss the Larry with the bludgeon. ;-)   You already
did a gotcha with at least one reader this week. Nice work.

And no gratuitous link posted to under the table CS3. Under what
civilizing influence have you fallen sway? No complaint, mind you, just
curiosity.

Moose