[OM] Re: Possible Russian focus confirmation chipped adapter OM-4/3

Subject: [OM] Re: Possible Russian focus confirmation chipped adapter OM-4/3
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:14:48 +0100
Larry wrote:
> Moose wrote:
>> Nice results in restoring IS for MF lenses! Not quite as cheap and
>> convenient as the Pentax firmware solution, though.
>>
>> Moose
>
> It was in the firmware from the start with the K10D model based on
> requests from customers before it was released as it was known it would
> have Shake Reduction.
>
> In the new "Development of the E-3" article, maybe a description of
> exactly how much annoyance exists in the current Olympus company for the
> OM legacy lenses out there and why owners won't just let them die
> already - and how that feeling makes them fight tooth and nail to find
> reasons to make them not work with IS; design no firmware fix though the
> request existed since the 510; and generally make legacy lenses
> difficult to use from the start of digital - would be an interesting
> behind-the-scenes subplot. If any article can make it sound like a great
> idea, that one can...

My major annoyance with this - and I would guess for many with expensive
hunks of big manual focus glass - is that I prefer to manually focus
tele shots anyway, so I ain't buying their 300 any time soon, even if I
could afford it.

IS would be handy on the big Tammy for the unexpected shot, like panning
an eagle or deer that broke cover as I got close.

I doubt there will be sufficient sales to justify a hacker breaking the
firmware and adding it...

D.

--
Donald MacDonald BA DipLIS