[OM] [OT] Gallery horror story

Subject: [OM] [OT] Gallery horror story
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 20:58:29 -0700 (PDT)
Friends of mine exhibited in a local "art"? gallery in
which they were the "featured" artists. They
specialize in HDR work and have some amazing work.
Anyhow, they suspected something was terribly wrong
with the gallery owner from the start. He drank a lot
and was drunk most of the time. The opening reception
for the show happened during the weekend. After
running a couple of days - they decided to pull out
today. The owner was just too strange and drunk. After
the show closed for the night...they came back to pack
up their photos.

The owner and his girlfriend were drinking with some
of their people. They even consumed a bottle of rum
that they gave to my friends as a gift. When my
friends stopped into grab their photos, the gallery
owner popped a video camera in their faces and started
to threaten them. He started to beat up my friends
husband and made incredibly rude comments towards all
of them. He also threatened her son. All of this while
videotaping the whole thing. His deal was 25%
commission on sales and didnt charge any rent/fees for
use of the gallery. He asked for double commission and
then locked the doors to the gallery. Started to smash
his own artwork. Needless to say the police showed up
and my friends asked them to stand guard so they could
take their stuff. Imagine if the owner decided to
smash their artwork. They had about $2500 worth of
work on display. The cops told my friends to pay the
guy whatever they owed otherwise they'd have to get
their stuff through court. He made all kinds of
promises but nothing really panned out. Now he has a
videotape which he can do whatever he wants and
basically bad mouth my friends any which way. I still
cannot believe this happened.

What a nightmare!

http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html