[OM] Re: Further complicating the monitor issue...

Subject: [OM] Re: Further complicating the monitor issue...
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 23:29:51 +0800
I recommend the EIZO, IMO they are better then many others for photo editing
since they design with different polarization (?) the contrast shift in
vertical is less than horizontal while most others behave the other way
round. I have an old non-pro version (L568) and I like it better than the
Samsung 205BW.

At the mean time I just purchased a Spyder2PRO and tested some of the
monitors that I have, the results look interesting:

Samsung 205BW, claimed 700:1
Test result: Black Luminance: 0.44, White Luminance: 102.8
Calculated contrast: 233.6

EIZO L568, 1000:1
Test result: BL: 0.29, WL: 154.5
Calculated contrast: 532.7

Sony VAIO 15.4" notebook
Test result: BL: 0.3, WL100.2
Calculated contrast: 334

Topcon 19" Amigo-19W, 850:1
Test result: BL0.71, WL115
Calculated contrast: 161.9

IMO for photo editing you will need at least 300:1 true contrast ratio.

C.H.Ling