[OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions
From: "Gary Holder (c)" <gary.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:30:12 -0400
For whatever it's worth, and from my anecdotal evidence only:  the
detectible or even subliminally bothersome refresh rate of monitors (clearly
related to the general neurological function of "flicker fusion"--utilized
well in motion pictures at a rate at least as low as 24 fps) is variable
across individuals. For example, I can live with 60hz, though I CAN--when
asked--detect flicker on bright backgrounds. On the other hand, my
20-something son is driven NUTS by any rate below 70hz--lower rates must
look like a disco strobe light show to him. Makes me wonder sometimes how
all the PAL standard countries have been able to stand 50hz standard TV for
years--oh, yeah, it's the interlacing. Nevermind.

Gary Holder