[OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:58:04 -0400
30 or 40 years ago I'd have told you to pull out the horizontal
oscillator tube, take it to Radio Shack or even the local drug store
where they had a tube tester and check it out.  But at 8 years old I
think it's best that you just consider it toast.  Even if you fixed the
horizontal oscillator problem somehow the CRT itself is probably beyond
accurate color reproduction.

Some list members have reported good experience with Samsung LCD's.
Mike Lazarro says he likes his Samsung 204B (under $300) and Steven
Scharf was ecstatic over his Samsung 215TW (under $500).  I thought
Moose had a Samsung too but I can't find any saved note to that effect.
  Let us know what you do.  My Samsung CRT can't be too far behind yours.

Newegg.com is a good place to look... lots of user reviews.  But don't
pay attention to the gamer's reviews unless you're a gamer yourself.
For photo editing you don't need the fast response times a gamer requires.

Chuck Norcutt