[OM] Re: Black in OM lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Black in OM lenses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 06:56:41 -0400
Personally, I think you should continue to be unworried about them.
Since they're black they do not pass light.  The only thing they can do
is cause a tiny bit of contrast reducing diffraction.  But unless there
are a million of them their total surface area compared to the size of
the glass area adds up to zilch.

Chuck Norcutt