[OM] Black in OM lenses

Subject: [OM] Black in OM lenses
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:58:07 +0200
One of the recent messages had me wondering if shipping could be the
cause of the little black spots (paint) appearing in lenses, the last
lens I bought had these flecks, and when I queried with the seller he
said that when he looked there was no marks. At the time I put it down
to his bad eyesight, but then when a listee mentioned the same thing
happened to him in reverse I winder if the cause could be the shipping
and how it could be prevented.

Having seen how bad the rear element on my fisheye was without affecting
quality (pre unbonding and rebonding), I am personally not worried about
these flecks, maybe I should be though.

any ideas?

Iechyd da
IanW