[OM] Re: E330 now or wait for E-3

Subject: [OM] Re: E330 now or wait for E-3
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:43:29 -0400
My statement was poorly phrased.  But, in any case, the laws of physics
are certain here in so far as only a certain number of photons will be
able to impinge upon a given area and sensors with lesser area will
receive fewer photons.  Now then, the laws of engineering are less
certain and it would appear that Canon engineers have figured out how to
make better use of those photons and squeaked another 2/3 stop out of
the technology.  Whoever is building the e-thing may well be able to do
the same or even a bit better.  The problem is they were already 2 stops
behind and, IMHO, are likely to remain so.  But I do hope they succeed
or come close.  I just don't think it likely.

Chuck Norcutt