[OM] Re: E330 now or wait for E-3

Subject: [OM] Re: E330 now or wait for E-3
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:17:24 -0400
No matter how good the E3 is the fact remains that the sensor real
estate on a 4/3 format camera is only 1/4 the area of a 5D sensor.  That
also means that a 13MP E3 has pixels that are only 1/4 the area of a 5D
pixel.  I'm sure the E3 will have many wonderful qualities and I'm sure
that I will be extremely envious of many of them.  But I'm afraid that
high ISO noise to match the 5D won't be one of them.  The laws of
physics can only be bent so far.

Chuck Norcutt