[OM] Re: First choice to list, then to eBay...

Subject: [OM] Re: First choice to list, then to eBay...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 21:43:39 -0400
I'll give you an obsolete (and not 100% accurate data point).  I sold my
24 shift to John King about 3-4 years ago hoping to get (as best I
recall) about $1100.  After careful inspection the lens was shown to
have a lot of black specks inside which (again as best I can recall) was
related to some paint or other derioration related to the internal
filters.  John arranged with a UK service man to open it up and clean
out the black flecks and I agreed to reduce the price to pay for the
repair.  I think I finally netted something like 950-975 but you should
consider that the sale price was really $1100 or something very close to
that number.

Ignoring the black flecks I'd rate the lens as KEH BGN or (with a bit of
a stretch) maybe EX.  It did show some wear on the focus and aperture
rings but, apart from the silly paint flecks or whatever floating around
internally the glass was quite fine.

Take that for whatever it's worth.

Chuck Norcutt