[OM] Re: OM's in demand?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM's in demand?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 15:01:58 -0500
> This is like the MHz or MPx races, it does not have a direct
> correlation to image quality or other performance aspects.

Oh, really? It is VERY important. Noise is generally considered to be
directly relatable to pixel size. Pixels in tiny sensors are smaller than in
larger ones. To get the equivilent pixel size between an APS sensor and one
of the small, pocket-sized cameras would leave you with something around
4MP, which I think everyone would agree is simply too small, and certainly
not up to the full frame 35 of the XA.

Noise is important to a lot of users as the XA is often used in low light
situations.

Bill Pearce