[OM] Re: E-3 announcement

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 announcement
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 12:39:28 -0700
Sorry, but I have trouble understanding that. What is more open about
4/3 than any other maker? Lenses from Sigma, Tokina, Tamron and Zeiss
are available in Nikon mount, which will take nearly all the Nikon
SLR lenses ever made, without an adaptor required. Canon cameras will
take all those third party options, except the Zeiss I think, but
with an adaptor will let you mount just about any lens made. To the
contrary you cannot mount a Canon or Nikon lens on an Olympus camera
that I am aware of. It is not an open standard at all. You have to be
admitted to the group to participate and Olympus has been very
careful to control that membership. Although to be realistic,
companies are probably not breaking down the door to join.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA