[OM] Re: iStock

Subject: [OM] Re: iStock
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:00:36 -0400
I think Ms. Couric is hardly an example of your typical murkin. She's
a member of the elite media, and they are the most insular and
provincial of us all. A more earthy term might be "arrogant
shithead." (Especially the ones who live in New York.) Those of us
who live out in what is euphemistically known to the elites as
"flyover country" would never make such a blunder. Many of us can
even find out own nation on a map of the world. Those who are
particularly advanced can find the state they live in, and even the
county. These people tend to be shunned by their neighbors, however,
and so are becoming increasingly more difficult to identify. Of
course you never should make too much of all those surveys
demonstrating what a nation of dolts we are. It's becoming
increasingly more apparently that larger and larger numbers of people
contacted to participate in such surveys find that messing with the
survey taker's mind is much more rewarding than simply answering the
questions in a straightforward and truthful manner. I myself have
been known to have a few survey takers on, from time to time, when
the spirit moves me.

"Could you find the Pacific Ocean on a map?"

"The whut?"

"The Pacific Ocean."

"Whut's an ocean?'

--Bob Whitmire