[OM] Re: iStock

Subject: [OM] Re: iStock
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:48:28 +1000
AFAIK 'tiffany' with a small 't' now refers to work done by copper
foil wrapping rather than with lead came, a reference to technique
rather than person.
There is no word I know of to describe a flat window panel done with
copper foil.
I still enjoy my 'Tifany-style' dragonfly lampshade - I was so fed up
with trying to use a one-sixth segment styrofoam mould that I just
turned up a full hollow mould from scrap timber. Still got it
somewhere - must do another lamp someday.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx