[OM] Re: iStock

Subject: [OM] Re: iStock
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:36:29 -0700
They do, Navajo, Apache, Salish, Yakima, etc. Native American, Indian or
the like do not recognize that these tribes are all different, with
different peoples, cultures & beliefs. It is like calling the Irish,
Welsh, Scots, etc all British, or everyone from the continent European.
It may (or may not) be relatively accurate, but it does not recognize a
given people's unique identity and is seen by many as insulting by some,
others will have no problem with it.

Jim Couch