[OM] Re: Digital workflow, was: Some OM-photos!

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital workflow, was: Some OM-photos!
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:34:09 -0300

>I don't understand this dislike of the "digital workflow".  There's no
> reason why the digital workflow has to be any different than a film
> workflow unless you choose it to be.  You can shoot JPEG's and drop off
> or send your digital images to your favorite processor just like you did
> with film.  The only additional step (which is very easy) is to make a
> backup copy because you have no negatives.
>
> If you choose to retouch or "Moosify" all your images, well, that's
> something you couldn't do before unless you turned your film into a
> digital image with a scanner.
>
> Where's the beef?
>
> Chuck Norcutt

The difference for me Chuck, is that what I shoot with is 4/3 format, and
all the "favorite processors" (read cheap, like Walmart, etc.) print in the
35mm film format. So they either do their own auto-cropping of my pictures,
or else I have to do it all myself beforehand, one at a time. So it's not
quite a simple as the film workflow for me. Now mind you, for what I do I'm
not really upset about digital. I like some aspects of digital, and shoot
what I want with digital, and what I want with 35mm slides, and sometimes
still use some print film.
Wayne