[OM] Re: E-pro thingy

Subject: [OM] Re: E-pro thingy
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:23:04 +1000
Leandro DUTRA wrote:
> Yes, it does — besides the weight and all that, DNG is only part of
> it; I value openness not only in software, thus 4/3.

Is "4/3" an "open standard" though? I thought it was an attempt at a
standard, but was not "open" in that it wasn't just freely available for
just anyone to use - "Details of the Four Thirds System standard are
available to camera equipment manufacturers and industry organizations
on an NDA basis. Full specifications cannot be provided to individuals
or other educational/research entities"
http://www.four-thirds.org/en/about/benefit.html

...or do you mean in terms of degrees of openness?

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz