[OM] Re: voting [was: little rant on e-mail politeness]

Subject: [OM] Re: voting [was: little rant on e-mail politeness]
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:00:09 -0400
I come from an old political family. My first election, the first
where I actually went to party headquarters to get my marching
orders, was Kennedy vs Nixon. I was almost 12 years old. I recall
handing out Kennedy/Johnson hats on Main Street and having an old man
in khaki pants and suspenders asking me why I was working for a
ni**er lover like JFK. The point of the story, however, is that I
learned early and learned well. I knew how to stuff a ballot box
before I knew how to drive a car. Every system has its flaws and
weaknesses. Elections mean power, money and patronage. There is no
purity in the system, not ours, not anyone's. It's foolish to think
there can be or will be. Ever.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com