[OM] Re: [OT] IBAN transfers

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] IBAN transfers
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 01:18:24 +0200
But what are the alternatives? OK, Paypal is not bad, and I use it too.
But on a $1000 item, that is still $39 in fees to me plus the fact that
Paypal will stiff me on the exchange rate when converting to Euros.
Paper instruments such as cheques (checks) or money orders are out of
the question; in most EU countries checks do not exist (my last
checkbook was when I lived in New Jersey until 1995), and if someone
from the US, say, sends me a check, my bank will charge me 30 Euro to
accept it for deposit into my account.

So bank transfer is the cheapest method even from outside the EU, with
Paypal a close second.

Nathan

Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Just let everyone know that it sucks outside EU please - PLEASE!
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> On 25/08/2007, at 10:13 PM, Stephan Van den Zegel wrote:
>

>> Anyway, it's a great improvment... and cheaper and faster than any
>> other
>> means of payment inside Europe.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx