[OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness
From: "iwert bernakiewicz" <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 21:12:08 +0200
Hello Bart, Charlie, & all

I've to disappoint you, it was a .be address!

And no, I didn't react to the mail anymore. If my kids aren't polite I
don't hear them either :)

It indeed is strange how much people care about e-mail attitude. OTOH
I also find it really strange a lot of people don't know about some
basic things:

are there import duties on items from Belgium to: The Netherlands,
Eire, UK, Germany. Hey come on, I know we have the so called capital
of Europe, but didn't you ever hear of the EU free market? Everything
within our common borders can travel freely for more than 10 years
now. OK if somebody from Malaysia ask this.

And regarding the flea market attitude, I am real big flea market fan
(hence where I live, we have a very big one every sunday, over 50% of
our furniture and light fixtures come from that place). There I can
bargain, I see the sellers face, and I am still polite.
I rather like the "bargaining" proces.

BTW: I just got a very polite mail from the same sender, so apparently
my silence worked :)

Iwert.