[OM] Re: Another Zuiko on FM - Zuiko 35mm F2.8 shift

Subject: [OM] Re: Another Zuiko on FM - Zuiko 35mm F2.8 shift
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:36:58 -0700
Sean Reid ( http://www.reidreviews.com/) tested my 24 and 35 Shifts against
the Canon 24 TS-E on the 5D. Between the 24s, there were things that each
lens did better than the other--with the Zuiko slightly better all around,
with the final nod going to the TS-E mainly because it can be had for $1100
vs $2000 for a mint example of the Zuiko. He was quite impressed with the
35. I wouldn't say he thought it was sharper than the TS-E, but he did say
it had excellent resolution across the frame at middle apertures, and
retains its resolution even when shifted.

Personally, I've found the 35 to be a very sharp and satisfying lens. I'll
be keeping it. :-)

Rob in Seattle