[OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control a

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control an...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 02:24:44 -0700
Bill Pearce wrote:
> By the way, when I mention that I'm good with 5D except for the wides,
> people come back with, "Look! they are coming out with a 14!!!!!!!" Great.
> How useful. What I want is a good 20/21 and 28, f2 or 2.8.

As a primary one of those "people" you mention, I wish to point out that
I first addressed those focal lengths, and only mentioned the 14 mm at
the end of the following, and last, paragraph. A coda, after a direct
response to your primary issue. The 17-35/2.8 II covers the FLs you
mention and more at f2.8. If you are expecting a bunch of new primes
from the major players at anything but extreme wide angle, don't hold
your breath.

A few fast ones may trickle in over the years, at breathtaking prices.

To quote myself: