[OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control a

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control an...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:44:36 -0500
> Sony has a lot of technology patents on small pixel ccd imager chips where
> it dominates. CMOS may
> be a different story though.

Don't count them out. I got the late, lamented R1 to dip my toes in digital,
and it has a CMOS chip roughly equivelent in size to their CCD in the D200.
I've got no complaints about the image quality.

I understand that they use a lot of CMOS in camcorders.

I find the full frame "pro" camera to be interesting. I will probably get a
DSLR sometime in the next year, and the Zeiss lens option looks interesting.

By the way, when I mention that I'm good with 5D except for the wides,
people come back with, "Look! they are coming out with a 14!!!!!!!" Great.
How useful. What I want is a good 20/21 and 28, f2 or 2.8.

But those wouldn't get the press, would they.

Bill Pearce