[OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control a

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control an...
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:13:11 -0700 (PDT)
This link has some interesting perspectives on competition to canon , esp
potential of sony .

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6203342.html?tag=nl.e539

Sony has a lot of technology patents on small pixel ccd imager chips where it
dominates. CMOS may
be a different story though.

Interesting how the Powershot SX100 (8MP) is not only a p/s still camera, but
with a 4Gb card can
record 1hr of VGA resolutiuon video , not just a short video clip. This is
pretty attractive as I
occasionally land up on overseas trips carrying both a camera and a video
camera. At $300 this is
no more expensive than a low end video camera.

Tim Hughes