[OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control a

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control an...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 00:50:02 -0700
Tim Hughes wrote:
> Moose,
>       good warning.
> The S5 sounds good but does cost more, so we will just have to wait to see
> how the SX100 compares in a review.
Yeah, it relatively easy to know what an incremental step up in one of
the ongoing series will be like, but this is a new beast, looks more
like an A series, but with some S series stuff.
> The 4Gb limit on SX is the clip size and the SX supports up to 32Gb cards,
> the S5 4G max........
>
> Somebody else recomended using a video camera with still support. Although I
> don't track these, my
> reading of reviews in the past, is they really offer low quality stills.
> Probably because of small
> pixel interline sensors.  In addition they seem to lack external flash
> support, wide angle aux
> lenses etc.

Yeah, my Sony has a slot for a memory stick and will take still pics to
it. They aren't bad, mind you, but nowhere near as good as a proper
still camera.

Some of those Sanyo Xacti thingies that Ian posted about look
interesting as combo devices. Too many models for me to parse when I'm
not in the market. :-)
Moose