[OM] Re: Source for clear plastic filter cases

Subject: [OM] Re: Source for clear plastic filter cases
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:41:00 -0700
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Chuck,
>
> Yep, I had been looking for them too.  For quick access when traveling,
> they are great.  They are also excellent for storing extra batteries
> and a plastic disc to remove the battery covers w/o marking them.
I have four that fit 77mm or larger. Two came with 67 mm filters inside,
Viv and Tiffen, one with an off brand 77mm filter and one is a Nikon
that came with a Hoya in it. All but the Nikon have the inner size to
fit at least an 85 mm exterior filter diameter.

Anyway the point is that all these came as or with 'Bay purchases. Were
they ever sold separately?

I'll bet there are quite a few languishing in surviving old camera store
junk bins and at swap meets. Even finding a lot of odd used filters on
the bay might net a few. And don't skip 67 & 72 mm filters without
checking the actual size of the case.

Mine aren't for sale without the filters in them. Well, actually, not at
all, as I have 67 and 77 mm lenses I use.

The origin of most of the filters in my drawer makes sense, at least
sort of. But I'm scratching my head over the 72 mm 80A. What? Where? Why?

Moose